Thursday, March 27, 2008

How others evaluate my teaching

How others evaluate my simulated teaching? I think they focus more on my pre-reading stage. They will check whether my extract is suitable or not with my selected topic. Some of them focus more on my set induction which is quite violence for them. Yet, for me, violence is what I wanted to convey to them as my selected topic is the characteristics of violent in Stanley. Maybe I should explain more about the set induction and relate it more to the selected topic that I have chose. As for my while-reading stage, there is no people comment about this, but after I refer back to my worksheets and activities, I found out that it is quite boring as most of the people doing the same activities. I think I should think of a better activity next time.

3 comments:

khairil said...

I agree with Eunice about the way our peers evaluate our micro-teaching because most of us did almost the same type of activities and it really shows that we are not that creative enough in conducting a good teaching. Besides that, we should be able to explain more about all of the stages that we are teaching. Even though that we are teaching our peers, we must bear in mind that, our peers are acting like students and they are supposed to be learning.
Therefore, it is better for us to be more creative next time in terms of the activities provided.

Evelyn said...

I encounter the similar situation with you. Same as you, they also grade my pre-reading by checking whether the extract is suitable or not. There is not much comment from our friends for my while-reading stage. I think maybe they are busy doing the worksheets that given by us. So, they don’t have much time to comment our teaching. As for your set induction, I found that the video is not very clear but it is appropriate base on the topic that you taught. Another thing is I found you are very confident while presenting in simulated teaching. You really have the image of a teacher. I wish I could be like you.

Joyce a.k.a Hoe-Yi said...

It is very good that you will reflect on your simulated teaching and reconsider to make a better activity in the future. As for me, I also feel that many types of set induction are quite the same, not so interesting but I put into consideration that the teacher candidate may have not much creative ideas to think of creative set induction. This goes the same for while-reading where quite a number of people presented the similar style of activities. No matter what, it is good for a teacher who wants to be creative because creativity is very much valued by people.