Monday, January 28, 2008

My short performance....

The things that I will consider for my short performance are:

  1. The audience.
  2. The stage for my performance.
  3. Costume.
  4. The actors that involve in the play.

The audience, the first and most important thing that I will consider for my short play. I will consider who my audiences are. What type of play do they like? Romantic? Comedy? Or tragic? If my audiences are children, then I will put some fairy tale element inside my play. Actually, I would like to present a play for small children long time ago. I think it would be fun and interesting.

Second, the stage. If my stage is big, then I can put more things to decorate the stage, and I got more space for my stage director to show his creative talent. If my stage is small, I will use every single space more carefully to enhance the view of the stage.

The third element is the costume. Is the costume that I needed traditional or modern? I would like to perform a Victorian area’s play. I like their costume so much. If I got a chance to wear it, it will be a great experience for me!

The last thing that I will consider is the actors of the play. Are my actors experienced or are they new actors? Actors are one of the important elements in a play as they are the tool to convey the message in a play. So I would pick some experienced actors to work together with the new actors. This is because the experienced actor can teach the new actors to perform better.

1 comment:

Joyce a.k.a Hoe-Yi said...

I agree that the audience, the stage, costume and the actors are important factors to consider in a short performance because all these factors contribute to perform a good play. A playwright has to put into consideration in these factors because a good play needs to put in lots of consideration in different factors. Sometimes, involving in planning a play is so interesting. We can create our own setting, actors and actresses, props, lighting and costumes using our own creativity and imagination. Besides that, I will also put into consideration about the tone, language, gestures and facial expressions of the actors. With the consideration of these elements, the play will be more lively and interesting.